The Parish Council would like to appoint an additional staff member to its small team here in Rowlands Castle Parish. The post will involve fairly flexible working for 6 hours per week, based mainly in the Parish Hall.
- 6 hours per week, flexible working
- Salary of c £11 per hour
The main duties of the post will be:
- Respond to all enquiries and booking requests
- Maintain excellent record-keeping and details of bookings
- Oversee day-to-day financial management, including prompt payment of invoices and receiving hire charges
- Provide financial information to the Hall’s Management Committee and accountants
- Liaise with relevant people to ensure repairs are carried out and the Hall is fit for use
- Ensure bookings are maximised, viewings are available and hirers can gain entry
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Excellent administrative abilities, including a good working knowledge of MS Office
- Good inter-personal skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of contacts
- Experience of administrative work or financial management
- The aptitude to use their initiative and to be able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days of the week as required/agreed
How to apply:
To apply for the post, please send your CV, together with a statement of why you feel you would be suitable for the post, to the Clerk at the address listed at Contact, either by hard copy and/or email.
Please note that this post will be subject to a Basic Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Rowlands Castle Parish Council is an equal opportunities employer.
A copy of the Job Description is available to download below or in hard copy from the Parish Council Office. The closing date for applications is Friday 14 January 2022 at 5pm with interviews likely to take place w/c 24 January 2022.