In the current pandemic, the Parish Office has been working closely with others to help arrange support for the vulnerable and/or older members of the community and others who may also be self-isolating.
Those needing assistance, together with those volunteering to help, should contact the Rowlands Castle Coronavirus Help Group on RCcoronahelp@gmail.com or Telephone 07895 368589. If you get an answerphone, please leave a message and your enquiry will be dealt with promptly. Don’t forget, if you’re feeling low, the Group can also offer a friendly telephone chat as well as help with more practical tasks like shopping, dog-walking etc.
Info on Scrub Hubs The Parish Office has received several enquiries from volunteers wanting to assist in the making up of ‘scrubs’ for NHS and other care staff, and the delivery of these items. The following may be of interest, all of which are in contact with various branches of the NHS:
- Sew Creative: Based in Petersfield, serving the A3 corridor from Bordon southwards and beyond. See https://sewcreative.org.uk/ (scroll down Home page) for more info.
- Portsmouth Area: All enquiries to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chichester/Southbourne Scrub Hubs: There are 2, serving Chichester extending towards Havant and beyond to QA Hospital, Cosham. To volunteer, see https://www.facebook.com/ChichesterScrubs or email@example.com
- Fareham Scrub Hub: To volunteer, see https://www.facebook.com/Scrub-Hub-Fareham-101272864883277/
Local businesses are keen to help and need our support to stay financially afloat. For your information, the following are open as permitted under present Govt guidelines:
- Rowlands Castle Pharmacy, which is open and offering a delivery service to those who can’t visit in person – Tel: 02392 413952, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Website: https://rowlandscastlepharmacy.co.uk/
- Rowlands Castle Londis, which is open 7 days a week stocking as wide a variety of goods as possible. It is now offering an ‘Order and Collect’ Service – Email: email@example.com – and a Delivery Service of nutritious food boxes – Tel: 02392 412222.
- Rowlands Home Hardware incl Post Office, is now open Monday to Saturday as normal. You can bank cheques for most major UK banks and withdraw cash there.
- The Bumblebee Cafe, which is offering a takeaway service Tues to Sun from 9.30am to 3pm, with pre-orders to be placed by 11am and now taking telephone card payments – Tel: 02392 413523, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thebumblebeecafe/.
- Halls Garage, which is open Mon to Fri from 8.30am to 5.30pm for essential repairs. They are operating a key drop-off service, with key and car sanitising, or they can collect and return your car – Tel: 02392 412244 or Website: http://www.hehall.com/ They are offering discount rate for key workers such as NHS, Emergency Services etc NB: As of 31 March every MOT will have an automatic 6-month extension.
- Stansted Farm Shop, which is open Tues to Sun from 10am to 4pm, as well as offering a click-and-collect or delivery service of set boxes – Tel: 02392 413576, Email email@example.com or https://stanstedfarmshop.com/
- The Castle Inn, which is offering a takeaway service of pub food and pizzas Wed to Sat from 5pm, and Sunday 12 Noon to 4pm – Tel: 02392 412494.
- Finances & Banking: There are 2 senior Nat West employees who live in the Parish and have offered practical, objective financial advice during this time with no intention of ‘selling’ anything. Please contact the Parish Office on 02392 413044 or firstname.lastname@example.org and I can put you in touch with them. Here is a 2-page leaflet full of financial help/tips for Personal and Business use: Financial Advice.
- Physio-logical (usually in RC Surgery) is offering a physiotherapy video/telephone consultation service. For more information please see https://physio-logical.net/video-consultation-service-at-physio-logical/ To book an appointment, contact Natalie on 07835 712306, email@example.com or book online https://physio-logical.net/contact-us/
Beware of Scams: We’ve already had reports of telephone calls reportedly from the UK Govt/NHS, offering face masks etc. If you get an unexpected call or email and you’re not sure what to do, hang up or contact the email sender by another method to verify its contents. See here for more guidelines on spotting a scam: https://www.hants.gov.uk/business/tradingstandards/consumeradvice/scams/whatarescams
Following the partial lifting of some ‘lockdown’ restrictions, here is some information on local amenities:
1. The Parish Hall is still closed to all users, though the Montessori Nursery is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays to children of key-workers
2. The Recreation Ground is open, although the Pavilion including public WCs, the Play Area and other equipment, is out of bounds. The Tennis Courts are now open to RC Tennis Club members, and discussions are taking place as to when to open them to the public.
3. Cancel Public Opening Hours at the Parish Office – residents are welcome to call or email instead – see here for more details.
These closures will last as long as Government instructions require.
Thank you for your understanding and we wish the Parish of Rowlands Castle well in these difficult times.