There is a vacancy for a member to join Rowlands Castle Parish Council, which is not party-political
Would you like to contribute to our work?
The work of the Parish Council continues even though we are in ‘lockdown’ right now. The Full Council normally meets at 7pm on the first Monday of each month (at the moment via Zoom Video-Conferencing), though dates may vary in May, June and July. In addition, councillors normally spend around 5 hours a week fulfilling their role, which sometimes includes representing the Council at meetings with other organisations eg EHDC, HCC.
The main roles of the Council are, proactively, to:
- Care for the interests of the Parish and manage its assets
- Identify and implement needs and opportunities in the Parish
- Comment on planning matters and liaise with local representatives
The Council is or will soon be pursuing the following projects as priorities:
- Further highways projects under HCC’s Community-funded Initiative
- Spending of Developers’ Contributions for the Recreation Ground
- Encouraging biodiversity in Rowlands Copse and elsewhere in the Parish
- Provision of new Parish Information Board on The Green
- Refurbishment of the Bus Stop on The Green
The Council is supported in its work by the Clerk to the Council, the Admin Assistant and its other employees.
If you think this could be for you, please contact the Clerk as soon as possible. Further information is available from the Parish Office, see Contact for details.