Hampshire’s new Police & Crime Commissioner, Donna Jones, is consulting on her full draft Police & Crime Plan and would like to invite residents to give their feedback before the online survey closes on 14 October 2021.
So far almost 3,000 people have taken the Survey about the policing priorities for 2021-2021 that are outlined in the Commissioner’s More Police, Safer Streets Police and Crime Plan. The Commissioner wants to make sure the Plan is truly tackling the issues that are of most concern to residents across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight so please have a look at the full plan and complete the survey or email in your details comments.
The key priorities identified in the Plan are:
- 600 more police officers by 2021
- Improve police visibility – bringing policing to your community
- Tackle anti-social behaviour
- Zero tolerance approach to knife crime
- Prevent youth offending
- More customer-focused police call handling
- Crackdown on unauthorised encampments
- Improve outcomes for victims including female victims of violence
- A voice for rural communities
The full draft Plan is available to read and download on the website https://www.hampshire-pcc.gov.uk/commissioner/police-crime-plan/more-police-safer-streets with the public having until 14 October 2021 to express their views, either through a quick on-line survey or by submitting more detailed comments.