The Parish Council would like to appoint an additional staff member to its small team here in this rural Parish in Southern Hampshire.
- 15 hours per week, flexible working in various Parish locations as well as at home
- Fixed-term contract of 3 years
- Salary of c £12 per hour ie c £9,360, depending on qualifications and experience
The main duties of the post will be:
- Plan and Deliver – projects for both the Recreation Ground and Parish Hall;
- Support and advise – the management committees of both these facilities;
- Organise and Oversee – the general maintenance and repair of both these facilities;
- Maintain – risk assessment documentation for both facilities and become familiar;
- Collaborate with – the management committees to review contracts and seek further income;
- Become – familiar with legislation and regulations governing both facilities.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Good administrative abilities, including a fair working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent inter-personal skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of contacts;
- The aptitude to use their initiative and to be able to work with minimal supervision;
- The ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days of the week as required/agreed;
- A basic knowledge of meeting administration, and financial management and budgeting;
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, health and safety and other relevant regulations;
- The capacity to research and make recommendations to support the facilities
How to apply:
To apply for the post, please send your CV, together with a statement of why you feel you would be suitable for the post, to the Clerk at the address listed at Contact, either by hard copy and/or email.
Rowlands Castle Parish Council is an equal opportunities employer.
A copy of the Job Description is available to download below or in hard copy from the Parish Council Office. The closing date for applications is 12 Noon on Wednesday 14 April 2021 with interviews likely to take place w/c 26 April 2021.